A few questions about Perfect Pass. Thanks in advance.

makeall6

• Baller

I am trying to understand PP works and fine tune. We ski in a small pond with not a bad setup but I suppose it could be longer. About 2100 ft. Anyway, I just upgraded to the latest version of StarGazer in a 2004 SN 196. A few questions...

Since we replaced our floating course with a permanent course years ago, we never had it surveyed, I think we must be close since we have always gotten good times. How does one survey a course anyway? We have limited access around the perimeter since it is a borrow pit. Could we use a mobile GPS? accurate enough? Since I upgraded, boat seems to search more in the second half of the course. Also, the beeps seems to happen nearer the bow and not the pylon even though I setup the upgrade properly. Is this normal?

I adjust crew weight and I back off the throttle after pulling the skier up. I really appreciate the forums, great info. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

• Baller
As @thompjs said you can do a single point survey with a total station (they include EDM - electronic distance measurement) by putting a prism at each buoy and getting the angle/distance from the survey point. It's also possible that you could do a three point survey (using only angles). The survey points don't need to be on the same side of the lake. Anyone who's surveyed courses before should be able to figure something out once they see the lake.

• Baller
The course on our lake was surveyed in. The beeps for the boat guide buoys always occur at the same relative point on the boat in both directions. In my boats case at the pylon. Are your buoys at the same relevant point when the beep occurs? Also what do you mean when you say the boat seems to search more in the second half? Is this only in one direction? Are you using magnets? I assume you use to have mags and have a timer becuase of your "always seemed to have good times" comment. Do you have the option of using mags in classic mode and see if the course "feel" is the same.

• Baller

Yes, the beeps come at what seems like the same spot, about the front seat. But when I set up PP, I set the entrance gate at the pylon. Maybe that is normal, boat anticipating forward motion? As far as boat surging...I noticed while pulling my son last night at 34 the boat hit 35 mph going from 3 to 4 then backed down. And the complaint I heard from him, "always messing with PP, should have not updated and kept the magnets" Thoughts?

Best,

Tom