Ordering 2014 Nautique 200 CB. Motor selection?

yardsale

• Baller

I don't think weight is a big concern. I can't tell the difference in my 200 between a full tank of gas or a empty tank. I try to always keep mine full. The 196 is a complete different story, everyone tried to keep them at a quarter tank.

Remember the 450 engine says 93 octane REQUIRED not suggested. I run 87 in my 6 liter.

• Baller_
I had a 450 in my 12. It was a let down at first as it just seemed no more potent then a 409......but then at about 125 hours the engine woke up. Really did not see any top end speed increase but acceleration from mid range to top speed was incredible. the package slalomed real well but it was an awesome jump boat. again 93 is what is prescribed for that package.

good info, thanks. aside from choppin some balls, we also like to mess around on the holidays with the families and pull up pyramids and junk like that. my 97 gt40 can only get up 4 guys on two skis. we also like to pull as many long line footers, and the gt 40 can only pull two guys at the correct speeds. a couple of us are 200+ lb fellas...which is part of it too.

and, when buying new...why not dial it in with the options you want?

Hey ballers, looking for some advise and or info. just purchased a 2005 nautique 196 in absolute mint condition 116hrs on motor flawless interior hull and outside near perfect just a few minor nicks. from what i was told it was owned by Jeff Hawkins (jumper) dont know the name then sold in 2006 with 80hrs this guy then barely used it. I feel like a got a super deal on it any comments or info i can get will be greatly appreicated its my first ski boat thx