FM Splash thickness vs Reflex/Strada

buski

I have thick bony ankles and wear a 12 reflex shell. When I used the stock liner (thin version) the shell had some pressure points on my ankle and hurt enough that I almost had to give up on the boot. Since I had one lying around I tried my strada liner and while it's a little thick, it eliminated the issue and was pretty comfortable. That said it's a little tight in the toes plus a little hard to get in & out of the shell and I'll probably tear through the heel of it at some point at this rate.

Where does the FM liner fall compared to these two? I'm hoping to find one thick enough that the shell doesn't bother me but easier to get in/out.

• Baller
If you have specific points of too much pressure, then use a heat gun on that point of the boot shell. Once its hot enough (but not too hot) just push the point out. Will give u a bit more room in that specific area. With this hopefully you can ise the thinner liner.

• Baller
When I ordered my Reflex they accidentally sent me one size too big so I tried it with my Strada liner and threw that thin sock that it came with in the garbage. This combo has been great for me! I did wear the heal a bit but it is now mounted on my Vapor with a new Vapor liner ready to go for next season. I used the Strada rear binding and have the Vapor rear on my VAP now but I haven't skied with this combo yet but should be very similar to the Strada rear I had on my VAP. Liners and bindings came kinda late in Canada.

Just to close the loop a little I decided to pick up one of the liners (actually went with Goode but think they're the same) and after a molding it seems to be just about right. I have big feet but skinny legs and because there isn't as much material at the top I can't even get the top buckle to be tight (or really too snug) so the feeling is a little different, but I imagine it will be fine starting fresh on it in the spring. Definitely easier to work with in the boot and more room for the toes.

• Baller
I don't think it needs to be super snug for the top buckle. Go to the Mapple web site and watch the video of how Andy sets up his Reflex. If I remember correctly his focus is on the middle buckle over the arch and ankle joint. I believe he commented on the top buckle not being a big deal.