December Ski Ride Role Call

Horton

• Baller
We've hit our 4 weeks of winter here in the AZ desert. Highs only in the 50's this week, back up to 60's next week. But out at Lakeside, the water coming in the lake form the well is 65 but the night air chills it. Current water temp 60, so getting ready for a 3 or 4pm ski set. Water was still rather nice last weekend at 64. Looking forward to hitting the slopes in 2 weeks.

• Baller_

Polar Bear Ski in SE Michigan, also a great cause the ADA (American Diabetes Association) - 23 air / 32 water (mostly liquid). Snow ski hill open to get that twin in.

PS: great way to spend Pearl Harbor Day, a salute to those that fight for our freedom to partake..

• Baller_
@Andy, they had two Polar Bear events today. One at Silver Spray Sports (Nautique dealer) in Fenton, MI and another at Skiers Pier (Malibu dealer) in Waterford, MI. I skied them last year, but couldn't go today. It was about 20 degrees warmer last year.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Speaking of Polar Bear events: Kevin Day and the Missouri Disabled Water Ski Association sponsors a New Year's Day Polar Bear Water Ski event each New Year's Day on the Mississippi River by the Arch. Participants include tubes, barefooters, air chairs, trickers and more. One year we had to dodge logs and icebergs! He usually advertises on Ski It Again in mid Dececember.

• Baller_
Pinched nerve in hip has me sidelined. Pulled my buddy on almost glass water at 68 degrees water temp. Man did I want to take a set. Good that he got to go though. Maybe tomorrow. What the hell do ya do with a pinched hip nerve anyway.

• Baller
Still skiing in the middle of California. My wife and I have been skiing every day since last Friday -- water 45 and air 60ish; every two passes stop to warm hands and body with hot water shower and having ice chest with warm water to thaw make it very doable.

• Baller_
A bit chilly (air 45 water 64) for FL but we skied this morning anyway. Was a 12+ head tail. Did my first @Mapple Training System ski set. I like what he wants me to do (more on that some other time some other thread). It worked very well for the conditions and I know it would not have gone that well with my own plan of attack. Plans to ski Fri and Sat mornings. I will ski 3-4 sets all winter. That is the goal anyway. Camaro Rocks!!

• Baller_
It IS a December to remember.... Full set today 82air 69 water with Brooks Wilson in the boat. Hay, if you haven't been coached by this man do so.... Very perceptive. Between Thomas Gustafson and Brooks my gates will become the best they have ever been. What a great day!!

• Baller
Going to test the new A3 today 12/28/2013 water temp 43ish air temp 50ish. Great to have the Sanger Outboard Barefoot so I don't have to winterize. This will be my 3rd time in the Dry suit. I really don't like it. It makes me a little claustrophobic.