Slalom competition with no buoys, no cruise, no judges........ Hmmm? ...no kidding..

Wish

• Baller_
@skierjp. I don't think it's for the blind...could be wrong but who cares. From what I gather, the flags get placed further up the gunnel towards the windshield with each completed pass as the line gets shorter. So essentially, you have to get as wide as the standard course to tag the flag with the rope. When the line is shortened and the flag is moved up the gunnel, the same course width would have to be obtained to tag the flag. You may want to read the explanation on their site but that's my take away. Looks to me like they figured out the rope angles for each loop needed to achieve normal course widths. Click on their diagram. It says "standard buoy line" and each dot on the gunnel is the same color as the loops on the rope up through 35off.

• Baller_
Actually there would have to be timing. Another aspect I like. Stop watch in one hand the air-horn in the other (shown as equipment) for observer..... Pull out and as soon as the skier crosses the wake, horn blast and stop watch starts. 17ish seconds later and 6 flag taps and back to the wake. That would have to work better then just free skiing and guessing. Also what if you had a long enough lake run, you could do 2 or 3 courses non stop with a few seconds to collect yourself in between. Now that would be some conditioning..especially early spring.

I think that would be really fun out open waterskiing with, would make it so I wouldn't screw up so much timing when open skiing and would kind of be like endless course skiing. But how does the no speed control apply and how do the gates work?

• Baller
I don't think hyper-accuracy is the goal here. I like the concept for keeping my width honest during big-lake free-skiing. Anyone who's done any amount of course skiing will ski pretty much in rhythm anyway, and you don't need to wake the neighbors with the horn either. I bet you can feel the rope hit the flag if you keep the ideal amount of tension on the line. Good training aide.

• Baller
I know a lot of the ski schools in Korea use them. Would be cool to have them retractable like antennas on cars used to be. Of course, when I'm skiing, I'm not looking into the boat. Trying to keep my eyes downcourse as much as possible.

• Baller_
My ski buddy put together a similar gizmo to help skier be wide enough. It is an LED light mounted on the pylon and pivots with the rope (ala numerous camera offerings) and when the skier gets out to proper width the light comes on. There are multiple switches inside the box so the driver selects the angle that matches the rope length. Works really well, fine tuning the light color for best visibility. Been a lot of fun to play with.