SYNDICATE LEGEND GLOVE- Anyone tried them?

Rez

Miami ski nautique has them in stock as well. Father in law got a pair and he seems to like them. I tried them on but could not get the knuckle strap closed. It seems like they went even smaller with this version then when the changed from the old style 41 tail to the 2012-2013 models. Just doesn't make sense to me why they would design gloves where you cannot even pull the strap past the first piece of Velcro. I wear an xs glove but from what I heard in the store its a common problem with all sizes (fingers fit great but top strap is impossible to close). Luckily for me they found an older white/black model 41 tail in XS that fits perfect.

• Baller
i've heard that the 41 tails have the knuckle strap issues, so it would be the same with the legends I'm assuming? But does this outweigh the other factors of the glove that make them so good, or is it still worth getting them?

Thing I don't understand is it was a known complaint about the new style 41 tails having a shorter/tighter knuckle strap so why would HO design a new glove with even shorter strap. I tried both on at Miami ski nautique size XS and the legend is definitely tighter fit. Do they not listen to feedback at all or do the team riders all have super skinny hands?

@Rez from what I saw the rest of the gloves were the same size (finger and palm area). I just found the knuckle strap to be way too tight. I couldn't even get it past the first Velcro patch where the top rubber piece ends in order to fold it over. In order to be able to fold it enough to get the Velcro to attach I would have had to cut the top rubber part of the strap. I would try them on at your local shop if possible.

• Baller

I get to ski with one of the HO pro's, and he was using the Legend Gloves at the end of the season last year, and he really felt that they will be "the new glove of choice" in that they were grippy w/o bunching in the pre-curve. I didn't try them on to speak to the issue of the knuckle strap as spoken of above in the forum, but I have to say that I am going to be getting a pair after having seen them first hand.

• Baller
If the Legends are similar to the 41 tails then my experience with the 41 tails is...red ones(purchased 3 years ago so problem likely fixed), short strap, kept popping open. Yellow ones, strap length good but Velcro still popped but not as often. Picked up Radar Vapor Boas. Problem solved.

• Baller

@igkya I use the new legends since January (same design as the 41 tails), very good grip so far. I don't like Kevlar palms so much so I wouldn't go for the 41s. I was on the same gloves for the past 10 years that were discontinued, I had a big stash but used them all and I had to find a new favorite. Legends are my new favorite, great grip no Velcro issues and they seem that they last. And in general I'm not a big fan of HO soft goods :)

Alex,

• Baller

I liked my Legends last year but didn't think the were as durable as the 41 Tails. Wear and tear on my hands was a lot less than the 41 Tails.

Trying Pro Gear gloves this year to see if they last longer.