Any Ballers Near Austin, TX?

LCZ

Have to attend a work conference starting Saturday, April 12. Brutal winter here in Ohio so I'd love to get in a couple sets if possible. Still some ice on the lake here. Water temps approached 70 in March two years ago...

Can drive, bring gas money, and provide mediocre coaching. Thanks, Larry.

• Baller

I am at Bennett's that weekend Eating Beer, Drinking crawfish and taking a few pokes. I know there is a drivers clinic here at San Marcos River Ranch on the 12th they may be looking for skiers. I am sure someone else from our site will respond.

Jeff Lendsey

• Baller

Was going to write just about the same post in a week or two. Heading down from frozen Michigan to San Marcos the first week of May to see my daughter get her Masters from Texas State and help her with the move back home. Also looking to get some water time in, gas, cash wash and wax your boat.

Another Larry

Larry -----<|

• Baller
@kfennell Thanks for letting me get a chance to see SMRR. If I get another chance to get down there I will have to bring a ski. SMRR looks like a great place to live and ski. If any BOSers get a chance and an invite to ski SMRR take advantage of it. 40 minutes from Austin airport and really easy to get to. Kevin, good luck with the "project" and hope to see some neat video on BOS.

Just wanted to say thanks to @kfennell‌ and the other great hosts at the San Marcos River Ranch. For those that haven't skied there, it's quite an impressive site and I hope to be back in August for Nationals.

It was a fierce day for wind though! Sustained 20 mph+ with stronger gusts. I reduced the release setting on my new Reflex setup to just below 5 last year and pre-released on both sets due to all the chop. Cranked it up to about 5.5 after the second incident. My previous Reflex was dialed in around 6 but the block on the back of the boot is different now.

The Reflex manual prescribes a 4.5 release setting for my weight at 34 mph but this seems too low for me. I'd rather work up from a setting that is too low than the reverse though...