The Hammerhead....

webbdawg99

• Baller
I wonder what kind of demo program he will offer, if any. I definitely wouldnt fork out that kind of money on a ski without being able to try it out first. D3 has the best demo program in the industry. I imagine that Schnitz would have a hard time offering something similar.

• Baller
Is it April 1 yet? That picture on his website couldn't possibly get someone to plunk down $3K for a ski. I know Schnitz has done a lot of innovative stuff in the sport and I think he had some skis he made a while back. I would certainly wait a bit before I would run to him with my wallet.

• Baller

A ski that actively and suddenly engages the front of the ski just before the wake??? My already broken neck needs for that are comparable to my needs for a second wife...

Why on earth do people keep comparing shaped snow skis, designed to flex (a lot) and engage the full sharp metal edge on a solid medium to waterskis?

• Baller_

Don't pick on Steve for believing in Dr. Jim. The biggest names in the sport were snookered. I won't mention any names but one of the most influential coaches in the world, whose name we all would recognize, told me to my face in the February that preceded the cheating that that Dr. Jim was the best thing that could happen to the sport. One of the biggest names in West Coast skiing said essentially the same thing to me over the phone. We didn't see a cheater because we weren't looking for one, even though in retrospect, all the signs were there. But for a jump course installed for the Open on his otherwise slalom only lake, he may have gotten away with it.

Not that Schnitz needs someone to stick up for him...

Lpskier

• Baller

Among other "names", I sure would like to see the famous/infamous Schnitz make

a tournament comeback for next October's 35+ Worlds in Florida. Think

that he would be in the 55+ division, but needs to put in a couple of tournament

performances before the end of April.