waterski sunglases/ goggels

gsm_peter

• Baller

I just wear impact resistant wraparound sunglasses and a strap. Sometimes the fish get to keep them. Current glasses are Optic Nerve - not super expensive and they had a discount at one of the ski races I was at a couple years ago.

http://opticnerve.com/products/products/neurotoxin-2.0

All Optic Nerve products meet ANSI Z80.3 stands for optical clarity and impact resistance.

• Administrators
Bombers are what I use. The lens quality is not awesome but they are cheap and you do not notice once you turn in for the gates. I only lose them at tournaments.

• Administrators
I get 10 of 15 pairs of Bombers for the cost of one pair of Dragonz. I do lose at least one pair a year and since they are cheap I store them in my front boot. For me it is important because I need then to keep my contact in.

• Baller
I've been using seaspecs for about 10 years, they have vents that keep the lens clear, they're polarized, float(I zip tie a piece of colored neoprene on the strap to make em easier to find in a crash). They also make prescription lens as well. Put a little rain x on em and they're awesome :) www.seaspecs.com

• Baller
@Horton which ones are you using? Their website could use some help, but I'm not finding any that float, are polarized and have the impact resistant lenses. Probabally not as big a deal waterskiing, but I've appreciated not having the lenses in my sunglasses explode from a gate in the face on snow.

• Administrators

I tried these out and they were ok

http://www.bglasses.com/z-bomb-bomber-safety-glasses-floating-sunglasses.htm

http://www.bglasses.com/bombersafetysunglassesimages/z-bombs-bomber-safety-glasses/ZF101.jpg

Most of the time I ski in these

http://www.bglasses.com/h-bomb-bomber-safety-glasses-floating-sunglasses.htm

http://www.bglasses.com/bombersafetysunglassesimages/bombersafetyglasseshbombsafety/HF101.jpg

I only use the clear and I do not know about the polarized - they make them so dig around the site.. They ANSI Z87.1 1989 OSHA Approved

• Baller
The Bombers polarized glasses aren't rated as safety glasses because the lenses and frames aren't one-piece. In the floating safety rated glasses, their mirrored version: A-Bomb #F105 is dark enough for extreme sunlight though not polarized, and the yellow version: A-Bomb #F102 brightens up a dull day and make the orange balls really visible.

Thanks guys. I live where all 4 lakes all run east/west and ski evenings otherwise known as glare:thirty. Just bought myself a couple of floating polarized Bombers and a couple of pairs for my kids too. Price is cheap enough to be guilt free if they get lost in a yard sale.

• Baller

I ordered up a pair of the F105 and HF105 glasses, I like my glasses pretty dark. I didn't see any polarized that had a safety rating on them, but I've already got a set that is. For $15 a pair I'll just toss them in the boat since the kids can't seem to ever remember their sunglasses when we go out.

Thanks for the tips, never heard of these before.

• Baller
I guess I never noticed it, there are usually water drops on my glasses when I'm driving the boat too. The course that we use in the mornings runs east/west and I find squinting and looking directly into the sun much more distracting.

• Baller
@Marco‌ While the water drops can be really distracting at times during the setup, I never notice them beyond one-ball. Rain-X anti-fog helps the water to shed. I'm recommending anti-fog cause you're not supposed to use regular Rain-X on some plastics. Having said that, I used regular Rain-X on my Bombers for a year before noticing the Rain-x plastic warning, but I didn't notice any damage to the glasses. Since the anti-fog doesn't stop them from fogging up in cool weather anyway, I may go back to using regular Rain-X on the Bombers.

Mine just showed up, according to my fiancé.

Apparently, they had just run out of the Nitro Bombs I ordered. They immediately sent me an email apologizing and asking if I'd like a pair of the updated Nitro2 glasses or a refund. The email went to my spam folder where I found it over a week later. They immediately upgraded me to the more expensive glasses, free of charge once I responded.

I get home from work tomorrow morning, so I haven't seen the yet, but I can say that their customer service is terrific.

• Baller_
Go figure.. I got rassed by the announcers at the 07 Nats in Cali. Was pointed out to the croud as the dude in the shades. So now it's an "it" thing. Whoda thunk I was a trend setter.