Strada boots rotated in from factory, anyone know why?

• Baller
I noticed after using the 2012 strada boot for the past 2 years that the right front one is mounted from the factory toed in, and the rear toed in as well placing both hips into internal rotation. This seems like it could help on one side of the boat but maybe mot so much on the other. Anyone have ideas as to why this is? Have some of you moved them from factory to be more centered?

• Baller

I am certainly not qualified to answer questions (15 off and ski two days a week if lucky) but I'll give you facts. Like you, I've skied at the factory Strada boot "toed in" setting for a while. I "straightened" the front boot Saturday and ran a PB off the dock, the first set with the front straight. The rest of the day was just as good and WAY more consistent than ever. I literally looked (and felt) like a different skier. Without question mine need to be straight.

A seasoned vet got in a pair for the first time several weeks ago. After a ride or two he straightened the front boot and ball count went up dramatically. I should have straightened mine then.

Not only does Radar not set them straight, they give you an arrow at the front and index marks at the bottom of the plate to confirm their factory "toed in" setting.

I would love to hear some input from those in the know.

• Baller

ditto. Straightened mine when I put them on the ski and it became apparent when measuring.

If you jump on a factory ski and bindings without checking screws, measurements, alignments, etc., please make sure to video..

• Baller
If my screws were in middle of slots on bottom, the boots were toed in. I just thought it was odd, but had enough room to swing into straight so didn't think much of it.

• Baller
there should be an alignment arrow on the toe of the boot and a silk screen center mark on the binding plate. also the radar boots are specifically molded for left and right feet and what might look misaligned due to the mounting screws underneath may actually be centered. i always thought the arrow on the boots should be more obvious but unless they changed the mold its there if you look close.

• Baller

Pictures show bottom of ski plate with screws centered but top view looks off centered to me. I skied it like that for two weeks then moved it stright (to me) and the ski was so much better.

LFF boot looks toed in to me. For what it's worth!

• Baller
Thanks guys. A pm to Matt Rini confirmed the front should be straight and for me the rear should be toed out slightly! For a RFF guy like me this will help me not get 'dumped' forward in 2-4 balls and promote me finishing stacked in 1-3-5 verbatim per Rini!. Can you tell I am excited?

• Baller
Hey guys did not read through the thread but wanted to clarify something. If the screws are centered on the bottom of the plate, the boot is centered. The construction of the boot makes it look like it is toed in, but it is not. That being said, I rotate my front boot out 1/8" (I have done this for past 10-12 years).

• Baller
I like my 2013 Strada ront boot turned out slightly as well. But, my 2 pairs of 2013s do not look any where as much toed in as @skiep‌ picture looks. I now have them directly on a G10 plate mounted straight as my eye could tell.