Freddy Krueger's 250' Jump is Now the Official World Record!

SkiJay

• Baller

Freddy Krueger’s Open Men’s Jump Record set at the Isles of Lake Hancock on May 1st has now been approved by the IWWF Tournament Council! 76.2 meters (250 feet) is now the distance to beat. Congratulations Freddy!

• Baller

If Freddy Krueger was this dominant in any mainstream pro sport, he'd be flying his business entourage to events in his own G6. As much as he deserves that more than probably most pro athletes out there, it's pretty darn cool that he'll still sit down with any of us mere mortals for a burger and a beer.

You may not get a G6 out of the deal Freddy, but your friends are real, and to us you are truly a ROCK STAR!

http://www.iwsf.com/dbheadlines/headlinephotos/Moomba%20Freddy%202012.jpg

• Baller

Well said @SkiJay. We are lucky that way with our sports' superstars.

You know what I wish, though? I wish that every time Freddy, Nate, Regina, Erica, Alexei, Jacinta and the top whatever - 3, 5, 10 in each event were competing in a record or pro event that video from above, the side, and the boat was being taken with a super HD, slow-mo camera and posted on Red Bull's or some other high-profile sponsor's website so we could watch these incredible athletes do what they do in ultimate detail. I want my son to see that kind of video of Freddy from the boat, so I could say "do it like this". And I want the larger world population to see these athletes and say "holy ____".