when to shorten and early season warm up.

skier2788

• Baller
A lot of us are just starting to ski again. My question is how long do you spend at longer line lengths? End of last year I was around 40% at -35 36mph. Changed skis and bindings over the winter. The last three sets have been 28 28 32 32 28. Ran all 15 passes my last three sets out. Starting to get the itch to try -35. Seems early in the year and on newish equipment I am a little hesitant. How many -32 should I run before trying -35. First tournament is May 31. Hoping that isn't my first look at -35 this year.

• Baller

I base it on my stacked body position. This year I have been in way better form, and in the first 6 sets made it into 39.5' OFF A PB FOR ME EVEN IN MID SEASON.

All depends, if your rocking that new set up, shorten and see how it goes.

• Baller
I'm of the belief that if I can make the previous pass without risking certain injury, I'm going to shorten. As I move down the line, I learn more and more efficient ways to ski which then makes the longer lines easier and more controlled. If I start getting sloppy, I'll bump the speed down but continue going shorter if I make the pass.