High qualitIy 1080p Drone video of slalom and Jump

I finally got around to half assed editing a video I took with the drone a few weeks ago. Check out Chris Richter skiing -32@34 and @Moskier3ev‌ jumping (it's early in the season so he isn't going too hard). Copter was down for a little as we had an operator error, but I will be back flying it again and getting more footage when the wind ever dies.

Enjoy!

• Baller_
That's looks sooo cool. There's a kid on my lake making a drone plane. Speeds should exceed 34mph. Remote distance is like 3 miles. Plan is to follow skier at speed. Hope he gets if finished soon.

@wish a plane? No way that he can control it well enough to follow a skiier unless he is a top 3d flier, I went down that road :(

Thanks @klindy Too bad Nautique didnt seem interested in broadcasting the mens night slalom from the drone!

• Baller
@kfennell I'm sure you'll get me back and we will both enjoy it. Want you to bring it up some time and try it at our place. Maybe get you to make us a video for our website. Be cool to shoot the open skiers during our July record.

• Baller
@usaski1 Would be cool and interesting to have video of you from above. I would bet not many people turn as hard at the buoy as you. If we could just not lose the ground through the wakes, you could run 41 with those turns.

Very cool! I actually prefer version 2.0 with the updated music. Great camera angles, man.

I would be slightly tense watching a 7D, with what I assume is a top notch lens, hovering 50 ft over water. That drone must be pretty stout.

• Baller

Sorry to hear about your crash. As a private pilot and R/C pilot for over 25 yrs crashes are sadly a part of the hobby, thankfully not so much a part of full size flying !

I flew a 6' model of a piper cub about 20 yrs ago from the boat and brought it down to about 10' off the engine cover. Great footage but risky. As soon as it came to about 7 or 8' it hit boat driven Turbulence and quickly descended to the water surface. Good thing it was a float plane otherwise it would have been a watery grave for a nice model.

So @kfennell great job buddy! Great footage and lighting. As u do more I'm sure you'll get closer, but as I warned, stay above 10' for the drones sake!

Btw, what is your setup? Which drone? And camera?

Thanks

The copter is custom, see some more detailed pictures of what it used to look like (props are upside down now) at http://www.usaerialimaging.com/ Camera was a 7D from a 3 axis gimbal. When I get back to work doing this I will use a GH4.

As for altitude there is a catch getting really low. It has to be almost completely not windy to go to 10' because the altitude is controlled by a barometer, one gust goes through and it can hop up and down 10 feet no problem. They are working on sonar and Lidar guided altitude now, hopefully within the year it will have dual lidar on it for altitude hold.

• Baller

Imagery was too cool and enjoyable to notice the skier line.

But now that you mention it,... 32 off is not as hard angles as I thought it would be.

If you are into sports imagery you have to have a look in YouTube for

Rudimental (popular group) their video of the song "Free Feat"

I know it's an over used word but "awesome" is the best one to describe it.

Sorry, off topic but you gotta see this video.