Changing water impeller on a Ex330 2007 SN

Wish

• Baller_
Say, friend of mine wants to change the impeller as general maintenance. I only know how to do GT40. His is an Ex.. 330 2007 SN. Can someone give me some quick step by step instructions that I can send to him please. Thanks.

• Baller_
Oh, and accepting tips a tricks that make it easier. THANKS!! Funny, his manual says change every 50hrs but NO instructions on how. Just has an arrow that points to the pump.

Easy.......use a spanner to hold back the tensioner pulley (rotate it to the right), remove the belt. Water pump has 3 triangle holes in it that allow you to reach the 3 bolts with a socket and short extension. Undo them (they dont come all the way out as an O Ring is on the inside of each), as you pull the pulley and front housing off, rotate the pulley clockwise so the impeller comes out with it. Change the O Rings on the bolts you just loosened, put the new impeller in the pump body ensuring the fins are swept back in the right direction for the direction of rotation (I put a small layer of vasaline inside the pump body to keep the rubber lubed till it gets water on first startup), replace the O Ring (I put a couple of small spots of vasaline in the grove to hold it whilst you position it), realign the bolt holes (from memory they are slightly offset to fit only oneway) and evenly tighten the 3 bolts. Check the belt for wear and damage and if ok replace. Whole job usually takes me 15-20 minutes.

I always check for water flow on first startup through the weed trap bowl and for any leaks around the housing I just removed.

Go ski and enjoy.........our water down here is now geting darn cold! :-(

• Baller

Tip for removing a difficult impeller. Instead of ripping impeller vanes off with needle nose pliers, use 2 paint can openers. Slip them in on either side of impeller and let the hooks grab the back of the impeller hub. Pull the impeller out.

Tip for removing frozen nuts or bolts, use 50-50 mix of acetone and transmission fluid. Way better than WD-40 or PB Blaster.