Learning or gaining confidence at 38off

Booze

• Baller

Guys.... what techniques or practices have you used, or seen, worked well for gaining confidence at 38? Slowing down? (M4, so I'm at 34) Shadowing the bouys to learn a rythm or feel?

ALSO, I've become accustomed to sking wide enough to have my line of site out at the bouy line...even sometimes at 35! Not the best thing to do, right? I'm trying to train myself to ski just around the bouy not get my whole body around the bouy. Make sense?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Perfect example. To quote Schnitz..."Look where the buoys are in his turns! Basically, his body is on the up-course side of the buoy while his ski is on the down-course side. He is wasting no real estate!"

• Baller

@Booze‌ I am no veteran at 38.... yet ( have only run it 3 times - 2 times in the last 45 days). I really think it is a case of getting the gate correct so that I am not too fast or two wide at 1 ball. If I use the "real estate" correctly, I am turning 1 ball and then the rest of the pass feels like a 35' OFF. At least that is what the 3 I have run feel like. I think you are right on with the theory of only getting the ski outside the ball line and getting the ski to arc outbound and return under you at the finish of the turn WITHOUT cranking the turn and dumping all the speed at the ball. The more speed you can carry through the ball, the easier it seems to feel.

My only suggestion is to OWN 35' OFF. This is a question I ask myself as well: Can you/I run a complete set of 6 full passes at 35' OFF? Can you/I run a 35 Opener? Or are you/I basically getting through 35' OFF to take a stab at a 38' OFF? Can you/I take what you/I know and can execute at 35' OFF and keep the technique the same, or is the lack of space causing you/me to loose our patience that is needed to run the 38' OFF? Just some thoughts about solidifying the previous pass.