Pain from Strada boots

DanE

• Baller

Has anyone had a problem with the molded stubs in the sole base of the Strada shell putting pressure spots underfoot?

I get a nasty pain fron the stub printing through the insole under the big toe joint of my front foot.

No problem with rear foot, but the front foot is where pressure is applied and I also tight the lower laces of front boot much tighter.

On the verge of dremel the stub flat, discard the attachement nut and drill a new hole slightly in front of the original stub to put in some sort of flange nut.

Anyone had this problem?

• Baller
@DanE‌ I use Zapz insoles outside the liners. They fit snugly inside the Strada shells, never fall out of the shells, provide real arch support, release the liners safely, never wear out, and I never feel those stubs.

• Baller

I hope you are using footbed insoles outside the boots. My first pair of Stradas came without the insoles, and that was not comfortable,,until I figured out they should have. No one around here had them at the time, so I just didn't know.

The only thing that can be a pain is the side plastic reinforcements. They can bend over during boot insertion, and will gouge into your ankle after about 2 passes and you will wonder what the heck is going on. Once they bend, they almost always bend afterwards. So I check every time I put the boots in.

• Baller

@AB Spot on about the plastic reinforcements,always check them myself.

@SkiJay‌ I use Zoles regular insoles inside the liner, tried them under to no avail.

I guess once the big toe joint is sore I'll still feel the printthrough (should mention I easily develop sore spots on my feet, Stradas coupled with Zoles so far has been great except for this issue)