The other skier I tend to study other then TW.

Wish

• Baller_
@Wish, that is my favorite ski video. Wim is the same height as me and LFF like me. The similarities end there. He is so smooth and watch that handle control. Always a tight line. Early and carries speed through the turns. Awesome.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

He also sold me a "counterfiet" 2013 Strada, that was a vice painted orange for a photo shoot, but it was obviously the wrong color and heavier.

I called him out on it and luckily he let me send it back. Maybe that is all a mistake... Maybe But then he listed it again on SIA claiming it is a strada still as soon as he got it back. Great person.

• Baller
wim has gotten a number of prototype or custom made radar skis that had top skins and resin colors different from the stock models. when i last skied with him he was on a 67 inch radar with vice graphic top sheet and a heavier core that actually came out or the strada mold so it technically was a strada. maybe its the ski in question but i watched him run numerous effortless 39s on that ' counterfeit '.

• Baller

The only problem with studying others skiers, is that we are all built differently, with different body mechanics ie: hip movement, stance, balance, one leg longer than the other, weight, height, etc.

Some people are natural atheletes that would excel in any sport and perform on another level, there timing, balance, movement, and mental approach is something that is hard to replicate.

There's a lot of skis floating around out there that are advertised as being one model with another model's graphics. Seems to be a lot of D3's out here in the West that are resold as such. I guess if you buy one and you ski well, it's the real deal. If you don't ski well, you've been duped. I would think the "class acts" in our sport would refrain from accusations that can never be proven.

• Baller_
@Klundell it is seamless isn't it. One of the best I have ever seen. The acceleration off that onside is sick. One of the other things I notice is his eyes. DEAD level no matter where he is in the course. They also never seem to cross the rope before he crosses center line.

• Baller
@rawly, I am having issues getting the video off of the DVD that it was originally made. I am in England and will not be able to get to the original until after next week. Apparently they used some sort of proprietary burner. The quality is very high but I will need to get permission from the very original recorder before feeling able to post on a web site. I have had lesson from Wim and he is really about keeping everything level. If only I knew how to do it.