Potential Midwest Tournament Site

GroovyGrant

Check out Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO on GoogleEarth. They have an awesome drag boat lake that might be good for a pro level (or any level, for that matter) ski tournament in the midwest. The site is a little remote but has awesome facilities. It's about 2 hours from Kansas City or 1 hour from Springfield, MO. I have no real idea where/who to start with on suggesting this idea to someone so I thought I'd throw it out to the Ballers for input. I do have some connections in dirt racing (the main use of this facility) in this area that could get me to the right people with Lucas, but wouldn't know where to start on the waterski side to determine if a tournament would ever fly at this location. Ideas and thoughts appreciated.

• Baller

Looks like dimensions are adequate, as in 3450' long by 390' wide. One question is whether

there is backwash, such as concrete walls. The Firebird Lake site was a similar dragboat

lake. The Tour went there. Concrete walls, but sloping somewhat. Still, I recall 38 off

being run at the time.

Hmmm...3450 x 390: Ski Flying event revived?

There was a waterski demonstration event one year on the lake inside the Daytona Speedway.

• Baller
The former Kansas INT coordinator tried a couple of times to get a joint Kansas/Missouri event in there, the owners weren't too receptive. I think it wasn't going to be a big enough event bringing in enough $$$. A BIG event like Nationals might be of more interest to them but it's only one lake.