Handle shape/size

pgmoore

• Baller

I've never owned my own handle and just always use whatever happens to be in the club boat. I'd like to finally buy one for myself, but could use a little advice as to what route to go. I won't really have an opportunity to demo various different shapes/sizes.

Is there a rule of thumb as to diameter and length? My hands are quite small.

What about curved vs. straight? Anything more than personal preference?

• Baller

Diameter depends more in the way you grip. For finger grips, smaller diameter, for full palm grip.

Length is personal preference.

Curved is better for tennins/golfers elbow.

• Baller_
@pgmoore: above suggestions are excellent, I also like an elliptical handle, smaller in diameter as a finger gripper and I concur on the curved reducing tennis elbow. I end up having to bend my own handles these days as it's pretty hard to get a curved, elliptical handle. It is all a personal preference item.

@pgmoore The above is all good information and certainly personal preference. I am a finger gripper, and over the last few years I have gone from a small diameter to an elliptical. I find it provides the same good in my fingers and is a bit easier on the hands. I wear a medium glove which fits me well in the fingers to give you an idea of my hand size.

I have also gone to a curve handle as I find it much easier on my aging elbows.

@DW you probably already know this, but Proline makes a decent curved elliptical handle.

Sidebar Comment

Best Handle of All Time (in my opinion) was the "Performer" But that was a long ago in place far far away ...