Masterline Masters Curves - Long Term comments

Horton

• Administrators

I am not really sure how to review gloves. There are just a few points that stand out.

The Masters Curves are the first non-Kevlar I have liked in 20+ years. What stands out to me is that I am not wearing glove liners underneath and my hands do not hurt. With other gloves I always use liners and my hand hurt a lot anyway.

Grip on the handle? Heck I do not know. At least as good as any other glove.

Lastly I have had a bunch of sets with one pair and they look like new.

I would have never considered a non-Kevlar glove but these are really good.

• Administrators
I had to break down and use liners yesterday. Considering how much I skied last week I have to say the gloves did an amazing job protecting my hands without liners.

I'm looking for a new glove. Progears we're perfect but they changed manufacturers and then I was in between sizes. I hate it when the glove bunches on the palm. So I've been using Connelly Vortex. Also Amara but they are perfect - but now they stopped making them. I'm gonna buy a pair of these curves to try, or maybe Radar Vapor Boas.

• Baller
I've used the MasterLine Master Curves for the past 4 or 5 years, always size Large and was very happy with them. I previously used liners but stopped a year ago. With the new ones I had to go up a size to Extra Large. A ski buddy had to move up to XXL from XL. I really like the changes they have made. Fingers are narrower and the wrist gauntlet extends farther up the wrist. Bought them direct from MasterLine and they exchanged them with no hassle when we originally ordered our usual size and had to upsize.

• Baller
I have pretty small hands and in most brands I wear medium. Got a pair of master curves med and they're pretty tight. Fingers a bit too long, VERY skinny. First few sets my fingers hurt and were left with seam impressions for about an hour. Grip is good so far.

• Baller

Expecting 2014 Curve mediums in mail tomorrow, and will report back on fit.

Still steaming at myself for driving off w/ my beloved (medium) Radar Boas on the car roof Sunday (rushing to get sick daughter home from lake). I just can't mentally deal with paying $89.99 to replace them.

***Update (7/9)...gloves arrived. Sizing (M) seems true, and about what I expected. If you have "sausage fingers" these are not the gloves for you. Now I just need to get them wet...

• Administrators

How different can gloves be? They are all the same right? My hands have never been is this shape at this time of the year. My hands are almost smooth. No huge bleeding holes like most years. My wife is stoked!

I am not wearing liners unless I ski 2 sets 3 days in a row. I do not need liners. That is crazy.

Masters Curves are one of the few products that I outright endorse. These are my favorite gloves of all time. Hands down.

• Baller

I don't know about the Masterline Curves, but I can speak for the Masterline Prolocks (Clincher style). This is the fourth year that I have been using the same glove - not the same type of glove, but the same glove! I bought new ones three years ago but they are still in my drawer at home because this pair is still holding out. Now, after four years of use, I finally have holes in the side of my left hand. So after this year I will finally retire (throw away) these ones and use my new 3-year old ones.

-

• Administrators
Holy Crap the the Masters Curves are like magic to me. My hands are like new. Bad news is I misplaced them. I think I left them at SkiWest last weekend. Looked for them for 20 minutes yesterday.

• Baller
I've also found that all gloves regardless of manufacturer seem to be running smaller. The first 3 pairs of gloves I owned (HO, O'Brien, and Radar) were mediums and I felt like they were pretty loose after a year and even bought a small to see if it would work better. Small was a bit too tight and made it hard to grip the handle though. I've bought 3 pairs of gloves in the last year and every one of them has been medium and they are all a little too small in both finger length and girth.