what are you looking at during the turn?

ToddF

1.Ten feet before the buoy

2.at the buoy

3.finishing the turn.

It seems like I am looking at my ski tip most of the time during the turn, watching for it to finish then pull, does anyone else do this, or is it one of the reasons I stink so bad.

I would have done a poll but I think there are to many variables.

• Baller
I try to look at the next buoy in front of the boat. If i do it helps me to let the ski finish before I start my pull. I have a bad habit of trying to rush the turn, this is one thing that really helps me to correct that.

• Baller

Finishing the turn for me. Been a while since I've been at longer lengths so I recognize I'm higher on the boat so depending on what lines you are skiing may or may not make sense. Being higher on the boat allows the next buoy to be seen in front of the boat at the turn.

Helps keep me from over-turning which is my dominant habit...going with the boat to some degree and being efficient rather than too much angle trying to win a tug of war I can't win.

• Baller
I've never had much luck looking at the boat or the next buoy or any of the other recommended vision tricks. I watch my ski completely go around the buoy and then focus on the wake. Once I'm going through the wake, then I'll figure out where I am in relation to the next ball. If I'm getting really behind, I might check where I am in relation to the next buoy a little earlier though to see if there's even any point in continuing my pull.

• Baller
Skied with Andy Mapple on Monday and he told me to look for the next buoy at the apex of the turn and it worked fine, I have always looked down course to stop me over turning the ski, or more accurately dropping my inside shoulder.

• Baller
@Cam - Andy told me the same thing about looking cross course at the apex of the turn. And I was looking at the boat, not down or down course. I always thought I was looking at the next buoy but Andy was right after I thought about it

• Baller
I used to,just stand and follow the ski round, with head level, just lately I have been fixated by the bouy, anybody got a habit buster for that, perhaps one of those funnel things they put on dogs to stop them getting at themselves.

I tried looking at the buoy my last few sets, but it seemed like I just skied straight to it. Normally I watch the tip of ski finish then look up, but not sure how well that is working right now