HO Syndicate V-Type

pgmoore

• Baller

The latest issue of Water Ski Magazine has a full page add for the 2015 HO Syndicate V-Type. There doesn't seem to be any information about this ski online. So, naturally I'm curious!

Who knows what this ski is all about?

• Baller

I'm planning on getting a new ski at the end of the season so I texted Kris a couple of weeks ago to get his recommendation on a new ski.

I'm on an A1 that hasn't been ridden too hard, but I know it's getting old.

I wanted to know if the A2, A3, or S2 would be best... or if there would be an S3 coming out (which, I think, might be the more popular ski).

Kris' response, "Let's wait to see what comes out at the end of the year."

Well, now I have some idea!

This is the second time I'm aware of ski company trying to combine elements from two different skis (D3 Fusion). I'm sure it happens more than we know...

• Baller

Sounds pretty intriguing, for sure. I had checked out the wakehouse.com site noted in the ad yesterday morning, but at the time nothing was posted.

Is the concept of a tunable tip weight new? I don't think I've ever heard of that in a production ski. Wonder if that will really stick or if it's just a gimmick.

• Baller

I'm curious about the "V" shape. The "fat tail" was the previous trend, are they going back to the "pin tail" or putting more width under the feet so the overall appearance is a "V". The comment about the ease of getting on edge seems to make me think they narrowed the ski at the tail again.

Regarding the weight, it's a method used in other industries to help dampen vibrations. We use mass dampers on automotive structures to address vibrations, usually in the audible frequencies but also for things that you can feel. HO was just addressing the latter.