First tourney for my daughter

WBLskier

• Baller

My just 8 year old is begging me to ski a tournament so I am going to try to get her signed up for the MN state tourney in a week and a half. I may be too late to get her into this one, but I don't recall what all I need to do...sign up as an AWSA member first then sign up for the tourney?

What is the format for novice skiers? I seem to recall a post on here about some tournaments giving new skiers 2 sets, but I don't really remember.

I haven't skied a tournament for 13 years but I can't very well let her do it alone. I turned 35 in April, so does that make me Mens 2 still...mostly concerned that I still have to ski 36 which I rarely do anymore.

Do you know when running orders are released?

Thanks.

• Baller
@WBLskier‌ yup become a member and sign up for the tourny. The way I follow the rules it is your date as of January 1. So you wouldn't go to men's 3 and drop to 34 until after nationals. Sorry still skiing with the big dawgs. In some tournaments you can ski grass roots and then you get a do over or mulligans. Doubt state will be that way. Have to sign up as premier for that one. So no mulligans. Have been to a few tournaments where a new skier messed up and somehow the boat didn't time and they got a reride.

• Baller

An 8 year old in her first tourney will likely get the red carpet treatment. Possible "driver error" if any deep water starts are missed will surely happen. Cheering from the boat crew is expected.

You may have to follow the rules a bit more closely!

@WBLski In line with @MrJones thoughts, make sure the Chief Judge and other officials (including he boat crews) know it is her first tournament. They will help keep it fun for her. BTW, I've seen those "driver errors" happen in the course as well - even to the best of drivers. Have fun and bring a camera to document and cherish those memories!