canyon lake info

rodltg2

• Baller

Sold both my home I lived in and my rental, and living in a rental now. Not buying a home till I find the right place either on a ski lake or semi private . plans were to move out of state, but wife ain't having it. Gotta stay in Cali. I'm kinda over the Sacramento area, to be honest I don't like most of it other than the area I live in. But its hard to beat, great skiing, close to Tahoe and San Fran.

I would like some info on Canyon Lake. Weather, wining, dining, schools , commuting, etc...

• Baller

@rodltg2‌

Canyon Lake is a great place to live and ski. Houses on the water are expensive, off the water more affordable. The slalom course is off the main lake, so you have to launch at the ramp near the course. Weather is similar to Sac. Schools are good, shopping close, 1.5 hours to the mountains for skiing, beach or desert activities. Lots of skiers there so weekend skiing can have long waits depending on time of day. Commute can be a bear (2+ hours one way) to Orange County or LA since there is only one primate freeway north to connect to west bound freeways. Same can be said to commute towards San Diego area. All depends on time of day, just like HWY's 50 & 80 in Sac.

Not sure where you plan to work, but there is Shadow Lakes in Palm Springs area as well as several lakes in Newberry Springs area.

I don't know of any listings at Shadow but there are a couple in the Newberry Springs area.

My place in Newberry http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Real_Estate&postid=28772

Great Lakes in Newberry http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Real_Estate&postid=28472

• Baller
@rodltg2‌ Young people can live in the Palm Springs area, no age restrictions! Canyon can be pricey as well depending on the lot location. There is a membership lake called The Quarry in Corona, CA. if you decide to come to So. Cal but not live at Canyon. The Quarry is about $400.00 per month and a bunch of great folks ski there.

• Baller

@Rodltg,

Canyon is A Great Place To Live! The Skiing isn't As Good As A Private Lake But it's pretty dam Good! The Thing I Like About It Is That It's Not One Dimensional Like A Private Lake. We Have An 18 Hole Golf Course, Equestrian Center, Baseball Fields, Tennis Courts, Public Pool, Available Slips On The Main Lake If You Don't Live On The Water, Mountain Biking Right Outside The Gate, pretty Much Any Club That You'd Be Interested In Joining And Like Chuck Said, 1.5 Hours From everything! There's Monthly Dues Of $260.00 And It Costs $280.00 per Year To Register Your Boat. We Also Have An Awesome Ski Club!

If You Have Any Questions, Let Me Know!

Steve

Sorry About The Capitals!

Stupid phone!

• Baller
I'll 2nd the Quarry. Skied with @Chuck_Dickey and some others there and they were all great folks. Also met the owner (Beckey?) of the ski Nautic (I think) dealership in Corona out here in a memorial tournament here in Colorado. Small world. I had a chance to ski Canyon and it was also great. BTW @Chuck_Dickey Were are you going to call a home ski site now?