Z Box - huge success

kpickett

• Baller

I've been reading all of the Stargazer and Z Box threads for years, thinking about upgrading my mechanical servo 6.5ng system to Z Box. I'm running a 94 Mastercraft ProStar with the LT1. I've been nervous about upgrading, having read a lot about problems getting the speed to settle in, plus classic has worked very well for me.

We've moved to an area where we ski a course on a public lake with no magnets, and I've been getting to ski Zero Off more regularly, so I decided to pull the trigger this week.

I want to report back a complete success. It took me about 20 minutes to swap out the module, run the GPS cable, and install the Z Box. I transferred my baselines in and took it out on the lake today. After mapping the course and doing a couple calibration runs, I can report it works perfectly. Perfect times, every pass - my son at 17, my wife at 28 and 30, me at 34. All buoy times are within 1 or 2 100ths, and it feels like ZO. There is no problem with the mechanical throttle or the LT1. This version is fantastic. Well worth it to me.

• Baller
I need to upgrade to latest version. I have zbox, but I think I just have ver 8. Having troubles with getting the throttle just right on take off.. give it just even a little too much, and I come into one ball doing 2-4 mph more than the set speed.

Funny you post this as I too was wondering if I should upgrade from classic. I had mine out the first time with the upgrade this weekend. I did not have it in a course but it worked fantastic for me and I did notice the similar feel to ZO. Had no issues with it trying to settle in. I hope I am as happy in the course.