2015 Calabria Comp Boats

rodltg2

• Baller
I've been working with Wakecraft Boats ( wakeboard specific ) here and there since 06. Help selling boats , boat shows etc. of course hoping to get a DD made. Well in collaboration with Calabria , they will be bringing back the barefooter and a DD but using Wood free construction , modern electronics including ZO. Will keep them Barebones shooting for $35k new. There is a red and white barefooter almost complete. I will post updates and pics soon.

• Baller
Probably a Shortline Comp with ZO. Good boat. Had one for 8 years. Wakes were low, but sharp and hard. Small. 80 inch beam. Unless they are going to come up with a new hull? I hope they put a Indmar motor in it... not a fan of the Merc. I had. Mine in 02 has no wood in the hull.

• Baller_
Gekko, Centurion, Calabria. We had the big 3 for a reason....that's all there was Now we seem to be drifting back to the 90's when WSM actually had a variety of boats to review. Come on American Skier.

• Baller
@oldjeep I've got one that can dislocate shoulders and throw observers from their seat on hole shot...it makes Centurion memorable in a hurry : ) Ran back across the lake chop at 60 to home...but geez I had to dump a bunch more gas in it just now.

• Baller

@rodltg2‌ when you said wakecraft I thought David telling the flightcraft man?? Then I assumed he had the Malibu barefooter moulds. Now that would be a boat to bring back!!

I don't know anything much about the Calabria barefoot back hopefully it is a good thing. The new outboards are a lot better. A flightcraft with an Optimax or etec averages about 2gph for family skiing.

Nice to see the economy picking back up over there...

• Baller
Those factory pics bring back the memories! I worked at the factory for 2 years in the early 00's. Lots of decal making and parts backup man. I still drive by on 99 every few years (I live in Austin TX now) , and kind of wonder how things are going.