A Goode Nationals story

elr

• Baller
Less than an hour before my son was supposed to ski at Nationals we discovered that he could not use the ski we brought with us. We ran over to the Goode tent and asked if there was anything that could be done. Within fourty minutes Dave (who had never met us before) matched a ski to my son, mounted it, set the fin, wet sanded the bottom and sent us off for his ride. While this was happening Chad, Regina, Lucky Lowe and his fellow competors were all encouraging him. Klindy lent us his golf cart so we didn't have to sprint to the starting dock. So in an hour we went from a scratch at Nationals to "Dad I have never had more fun on a tournament set." We were overwhelmed by the support of Dave, Team Goode, and his fellow competitors. Thanks so much!

• Baller

@jordan - Dave took the ski and a piece of wet sand paper to the lake, I assumed it was to clean the bottom of a fresh ski as he suggested we not touch the bottom to avoid body oils after he was done.

@klindy - Thanks again!

• Baller
@Skijay - thanks it took me a while to come up with that wording but because of @Mattp 's question I had to "man-up" anyway. @jcamp, @klundell, @tbrenchley Because I don't want this to happen to anyone else - my ski, 66" Goode Wide Ride with Reflex/RTP on a single plate in a black neopreme ski sleeve, son's ski, 65.5" Goode traditional with Reflex/RTP on a single plate in a black neopreme ski sleeve e.g. not easily distinguishable. Future risk mitigation - very different ski sleeves plus two pairs of eyes. Secondary risk mitigation - get myself qualified so both skis are required!

• Baller
@unksskis I asked Dave if there was "anything appropriate we could could put my son on" and he set up a new ski with NO expectation of a purchase. He was genuinely surprised when I purchased the ski after my son's ride.