What would you recommend for a ski?

Keith_Menard

• Baller

My 8 year old 50 pound soaking wet son is starting to get decent on 2 skis. He is already clamoring to be on one, probably because he sees me on it. I have a 3 year old daughter I will probably be getting into skiing next year, so I was thinking about something like this:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=OBrien-Jr-Celebrity-Combo-Water-Skis&i=763255&r=view&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlebase&s_kwcid=googlepla&cvsfa=2587&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=373633323535&gclid=CjwKEAjw68ufBRDt0Zmrn4W_8AwSJADcjp1cjZT-WbHlaL8oZCY3e4vNRJ3Jj4CDt89NUu0vKBUjihoCbbHw_wcB

Any suggestions?

• Baller
Nothing wrong with a good set of Jr starter ski set like that. They are wide enough that when your son is ready to start skiing on a single ski that it will help him gain balance and be able to ride it until he gets good enough that you will have to open your wallet again and dig a little deeper to pay for his first new true slalom ski!

• Members

My son (8) has similar skis and is now running 17 & 19mph on the slalom ski. I had to add a Wiley's rear toe plate to keep his foot from slipping out but other than that they are great.

Don't hold the kid back- if I he's eager let him experiment with one ski. my 8 yr old went from the trainer skis directly to a Connelly jr slalom ski that I used when I was a kid- I thought he needed to work on two skis for a while but he was insistent. Probably the best thing I did was to put the easy up handle on for him and he popped right up. He's tearing up the mini course and now I have visions of he and I skiing our first tournament together, k7azn5l1897q.jpg