Heater not working 98 nautique

schafer

• Baller

In a '98 Nautique, the pushbutton switches on the dash are circuit breakers, which take the place of fuses. The don't "blow", they "trip". When tripped, they stick out further than the other switches, and they only need to be pushed back in to be reset. Check the switches you use to turn on your shower and heater and see if they're "tripped". If they are, push them back in, and see if the accessories work. Keep in mind that a tripped circuit breaker (or blown fuse) is a symptom of another problem -- temporary or otherwise -- and if that problem still exists, the breaker is going to trip again. If this keeps happening, you have other problems that will require more specific troubleshooting.

Check it out and let us know -- I am happy to help as best I can.

• Baller

Interesting...I have a buddy with a '97 which is same hull as my '00 but I hate those push button breakers, so to speak. My '00 has the soft touch dash with the fuses underneath.

Having said that when I first bought my boat it was 10 yrs old with 84 hrs. It would turn but not start...it was a fuse popping due to increased resistance due to corrosion from so little use. My mechanic popped in the fuse (it started) and suggested that with regular use it would take care of itself and it did. Only popped the fuse back in once and that was 4 yrs ago.

Hope you get your '98 worked out...great slalom hull.

• Baller
Thanks guys. I kinda thought the push buttons were the only circuit breakers on the 98. They are not tripped. And when I push them in the little light comes on beside it. But nothing happens. I'm gonna try and check the wiring to the heater. And shower. But I don't have the boat til Wednesday. So I'll report back then.