Female beginner ski

Waternut

• Baller

Trying to figure out what would be better for a woman who's been skiing for a while but is just getting into the slalom course. She's currently on a very old and very heavy HO ski from what looks to be the early 90's. Would it be smarter for her to get a women's specific ski like the Radar Lyric or Connelly SP or a men's ski like the HO Coefficient X or Radar Senate but has an adjustable fin block.

I know "technically" you shouldn't need to adjust your fin at the beginner level but I also don't see this woman buying a new ski every year or two either and I kinda feel like it cripple her if she started getting better and just needs a slight fin tweak to get over the next hump.

Whatever you do don't try to buy a "beginner ski" with a non adjustable fin block... Neighbour just went through like 2 years on one, got a S2 and immediately picked up 2 passes.

Also make sure it's plenty big since I assume she will be running the course slow

• Administrators

I like the Connelly stuff but do not know the SP. I think it is a lower level ski.

A V is a great choice from Connelly

From HO I would go with the Couture CX

From Radar I would go with the the Lyric

You can not go wrong with these three skis. They are all a little different but for that skiing level all will be comfortable.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

My 2 cents as a sort of beginner.

One progress faster on a more forgiving ski.

Radar P6 or Theory are great skis learn the course.

The Lyric is a softer Senate.

I ski better on the Theory than I does on the Senate in lower speed.

That is 28 and 30 mph. The Senate it my choise when I ride +32 (mostly free ride).