Camaro fit question?

MrJones

• Baller

I am considering the Camaro Black Tech 1mm long sleeve shorty. Being a good 6'1" and 175# I generally fall in between a L and XL in regard to wetsuit size. The problem is that a XL is long enough, but not tight against my skin. A large fits "tight", but is often a bit "short in the stride" as they say. My old O'neil large 3/4 suit has me singing soprano whenever I am forced to use it.

Do any of you tall thin types out there have any input? Thanks.

• Baller

Can't really relate physique wise. I'm a stocky 5-9", 185... I currently have an XL Blacktec, but looking to go to the Large. Unfortunately, I'd say you are a "tweener". Personally I'd opt for the Large, to get the better warmth and less water penetrating. You might ask Robby her advice...and if possibly there are any "long" sizes available by custom order....if it exists, a large/long would probably be perfect.

Good luck.

• Baller
I just got a large one based on BOS input. I'm 5'11" 190 and it fits nice...very snug, first few times out I have had to get help zipping it up. it is nice and warm took on very little water when I was in this morning.... but today my rear leg started taking on water on my starts.... anyone have this problem? do you put a 'cinch' strap on the rear leg perhaps??

• Baller
@MrJones -- I am 6 feet and 190. I ordered XL first and it was way too big. Go with the Large. Because it is thin and stretchy, it really doesn't bind up anywhere. Feels like a second skin -- extremely comfortable. My only issue with them has been that they seem to wear under the arms. This summer I used mine a lot (long sleeved shorty) and I always wore a rash-guard shirt over it (because I had the wear issue with an earlier Camaro). It helped, but I am now getting some cold water in the under arms of the suit. This is probably just a "me issue" as I have a larger chest and arms than your average water skier.

MrJones, I would still go with a large. It may be a bit tight in the shoulders. I would suggest hiking the suit up a bit around the hips so it can stretch more up to the shoulders. Of course this leaves your ankles exposed... the plight of the tall skier. Unfortunately we no longer make long and short sizes. If warmth is not a dealbreaker upgrade to a 0.5mm Modetec. They are more expensive but super elastic and easier to wear a size down. Pat M a large would be perfect for you. email sales-usa@camaro.at for a size chart. happy skiing.

• Baller
I'm 6'3 and 170 lbs. the large will be the best fit. I have size Large for both the BlackTec 2mm full suit and the 1MM Long sleeve shorty. So stretchy that you won't even know they are on. Tight fit gives the max water protection. Skied the full suit all last winter down to 50 degree water in absolute comfort. Gave my O'neill baggy away and never going back.

• Baller
On a serious note... Does the same size down rule apply for women and kids? Body shapes are different. If any ladies read this, or if your wife has one, please advise. (Don't give too much height and weight info if your wife reads this BTW)

• Baller
The Blacktechs are unisex. My wife, daughter and myself have the same type, just different sizes. The key is, snug is better. If you have long legs and not a lot of girth, go with the smaller size, even if it means it is a little short on your arms and legs. The key is for it to fit like a 2nd skin. When i take mine off after a set, a good portion of the inside is still dry.

• Baller

@MaryTee I think most of the wetsuits are Unisex, I have a 1mm Mono/Shorty and LOVE it! They are very stretchy, so it works for women too. Robby at Robby's Ski Shop is great with questions!

@MrJones‌ , I think same rules apply for women too. I am 5'11'' and went with a large for the shorty because I was worried about length. However, this year I ordered the 1mm top, and went with Medium, at advice of Robby because I didn't have to worry about length. She was right. Medium may have worked for the shorty, but large has certainly been fine and warmer and nicer than my old wetsuit.

• Baller_

Resurrecting this thread. For reference here are other "camaro sizing" threads: one, two, three.

I'm 5'10", 160lbs, 38" chest, I wear 32" jeans but actually measure 34" at belly button. I have a Camaro Blacktec 1.5 full wetsuit, size Medium; and a Blacktec 1.0 heater top, also size Medium.

I fall into the Medium sizing for everything but waist. The top fits fine, tight but not uncomfortable. But in the full suit, my bits-and-pieces get uncomfortably squished, and the neck uncomfortably pushes against my throat.

This doesn't seem to be other people's experience though, so I dunno. But I wish I had sized up on the full suit.