PP Classic question

Bill22

• Baller

I have PP classic rev 6.5n with the single line display.

The other day I was pulling some friends with slight north/south wind. They wanted to make a run, spin, make pass 2 and drop. My GPS was reading 31mph into the wind and 33mph coming back (PP set @ 32).

Question: If we are spinning at one end, I don’t have time to make a wind adjust change in PP. Would RPM = Speed be the way to go? Then after the spin make a +/- RPM adjust on the fly.

I could just give RPM mode a try but wanted to get you guys thoughts. I have never used RPM mode.

Yes, I have talked to PP with other questions. I know the have great customer service.

Not sure why you wouldn't have time to change the wind.

In Normal mode - When you exit the gates you should get a time displayed and then Head/Tail selection.

In Tournament mode (press up arrow/down arrow at the same time) - You should get a time then be able to +/- to desired wind adjust.

No, you need to switch to Tournament mode by hitting UP & DOWN keys at the same time. This will allow you to add/remove RPMs on the home screen. I do it frequently when there is more than a 5-10 mph head/tail.

The other reason I use TM alot is my LXI is calibrated with the Bimini on because its up 75-80% of the time. So when its off (like on a cool day) I use TM and drop 10-15 rpms based on direction/wind.

To get out of Tournament mode, just hit UP & DOWN arrows again to return to reg slalom mode.

• Baller

Even easier than that, just hit the up arrow to add weight to the headwind pass. Four beeps changes the weight 20 pounds which gets you pretty close. My lake is quite protected so I needed 30 pound adjustments. It is easy to dial in. Hitting the up arrow is easily done while spinning.

I liked classic mode with a switch, kx - px10 and set the baseline so the weight was 100 pounds overweight. Thirty pound adjustment for the breeze. Perfect times. Just like ZO.

I do love ZO.

Eric

• Baller

@seks69 I thought to make a wind adjust I would need to go into the menu and drill down to wind adjust.

Part of my problem is when we are on the water everyone wants to ski and not play around with different PP settings. I don’t have timing magnets so PP does not know when I enter/exit the course. I have a portable course and don’t want to add magnets because that would add an extra step.

I am sure if I play with it I will get it. I read the book and I did not get what all the settings are for.

PP works great freeskiing. When I get the course out I just want to be in the ball park.

Do what @kstateskier skier said. Switch from recreational Slalom mode to Tournament slalom mode. To do this be sure you are in slalom mode, and hold down /\ and \/ at the same time for 4 seconds. After you let go your screen should switch to show while at idle:

[+00 c 190 34.2 ] Once you get to speed it will show [_+00_c_3340_34.2_]

The set of numbers "+00" is where you can hit /\ to increase rpms or \/ to decrease rpms from your base line of 3340. You can increase or decrease this value at anytime (idle or at speed). You can adjust the rpms by 5 rpm increments. For my boat 100 rpms is approximately 1 mph change.

Our course has tide and wind factors, and we are almost never running our standard base line RPMs. When I free ski I use the baseline rpms and adjust based on a GPS speed app I have on my phone.

I highly recommend switching to tournament mode for skiing.