Perfect Pass Rules!

Steven_Haines

• Baller
I want to give a shout out to Gary Allen at Perfect Pass for his excellent customer service and support. We have a small group of people who wanted to upgrade our systems. So just for the heck of it I called perfect pass to see if we could get a group deal. I wasn't expecting much if anything. Why would they right? We only had 3 stargazer with ZBOX upgrades and a single ZBOX. Well heck Gary hooked us up! So if you're in the market for anything, call Gary! He's a great guy that provides us skiers with a great product with unparalleled customer service!

• Baller

A couple years ago, Jay Dunne and I installed SL and JU courses at Lake Banook in Dartmouth, NS,

which is near the PP company. We did that for the PP people, who were anticipating running a

major tournament there sometime. Back a good while ago, I believe that the lake hosted the Canadian Nationals. We dealt mainly with Gary Allen. We were treated well and paid promptly.

Only complaint is that I didn't bring enough warm clothing. Weather in the Fall was turning brrr.

• Baller
@skihard, call them. they will take care of you too! They have the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. They once stayed on the phone with @scotchipman and I for 6 passes as we were trying to dial in my settings. And as slow as chippy skis, that was a long long time!!!

• Baller
I agree that they have great customer service. It would be great to see them come out with a video showing the proper way to adjust the background settings. It seems that adjusting these settings is the single biggest complaint amongst customers and most discussed topic on this forum. I particularly have struggled with setup and with limited time on the water would love to see exactly what they look for and how they recommend adjusting settings based on segment times.

• Baller
@GregHind I do have the latest software 8.05. I have a 2005 Response LXi, Monsoon 340, Acme 13x12 3-blade. I have experienced the same surging on any version of perfect pass I have used. I have tried adjusting settings per feedback I've received on this forum and have been unsuccessful. This is where a video, I think, would be helpful. There has to be a fundamental thing I am doing incorrectly. I have to believe that I can get this boat dialed in, I'm sure others with my same boat have had luck.

• Baller

@DkLkSkr I struggled with the same all summer. As responsive as the folks at perfect pass can be they aren't much help with the background settings. I was most successful with methods that @DanE gave me. Look for his posts. Long story short start by getting two ball right by adjusting the one ball setting. Three ball setting is where most of the runaway occurs. That number usually has to be lowered quite a bit. Look to four ball time to verify that's right. Unfortunately this has to be done with a skier running passes. It take some trial and error. Everyone's final solution is all over the place so it's hard to give you a better starting point for your boat. I hope this helps...

• Baller

@GregHind‌ I will have to do that next summer as our boat had to be put away for the winter already. I have checked the server motor per the videos on PerfectPass and it operates as shown in the videos. This was done at the start of this past season, I rechecked all linkage and upgraded software at the start of the season.

@skiboyny‌ I came across @DanE‌ 's comments about adjusts a little late in the season. Those adjusting techniques were going to be my first things to try next summer. What you described there is a good synopsis of what was explained.