Delta Broke My ski

cacman

• Baller
Flying home from Nationals, I arrived with no ski. A day later picked ski up at airport, found ski bag damage and ski broke just in front of fin box. I just received check for full new value of ski and bag repair. I did have to jump through a few hoops, but all in all Delta did step up and take care of me, it just took a while.

• Baller
As a million mile flyer with Delta, good or bad, I would take them over any other carrier in the Country. It's tough when you have overside and odd-shaped items. But, I feel they, for the most part, pay up when they screw up. The pilots for Delta are a bit nuts however, especially ones from ATL!

• Baller

Of all the carriers and countries I've been on Delta has definitely been the best as far as taking care of me and my bags. Just remember that the vast majority of baggage handlers make about $8-$11 an hour while working in extremely hot/cold environments around loud jet engines. Plus they are constantly being hammered by multiple air crews and gate agents to hurry up even though it's not their fault. To top it all off, bags exchange so many hands that there really isn't much accountability for who damaged what. I like @skijay 's post. Maybe I should put a sign that says "Pay raises for baggage handlers!".

Would tips in plastic bags raise flags with the TSA?

• Baller
@Waternut‌ not sure how the "tip in a plastic bag" would work. I'm sure the "airserv" guy (or whomever) at checking would grab it all before your bag made it to the secured side of the wall. I'm really sure that guy has nothing to do with damaging bags.