This years midwest collegiate regionals

Ilivetoski

• Baller
So something interesting happened this year in Decatur at midwest regionals. The winning score for women was 1@35 followed by a few at 32 and a 5@28. This was not the same for the guys. Out of 77 skiers, 14 made it into 28 off. 0 ran 28 off. There were probably 8 or 9 of us that normally run 28 and expect to do it in tournaments. The conditions were great and we cant really figure out why all the guys skied so bad. At the awards ceremony a girl from another team looked at me and was just saying "wow I wonder if this has ever happened before" I just responded with "for a lot of us this is just pathetic". Overall it was a great tournament and PITS is a fantastic site!

• Baller
@Razorskier1 I would say no. Thursday night was not that big of a party... more of people just talking and hanging out. I think maybe the fact that we had 77 skiers starting at 1 pm (ran womens first) they were dropping skiers, leaving the boat in gear, pointed it down course and went. We got about 10-12 seconds on each end. But we had 77 skiers so we didnt have time to wait. Also someone told me the water level was high so the water was a little active... I still feel like there were 8 of us that should not have missed it.

• Baller

I was chatting with some ISU skiers the other day and they told me the same. I couldn't believe that the score to beat wasn't 5@32 if not into 35 with all the good skiers in the region.

I think you might have something with the rush. In addition, I've always found the PITS water to be really creamy compared to some of the cooler, faster sites in the Great Plains couple that with a tendency to pull harder when under the pressure of regionals and all the sudden you have created a lot more load than expected.

• Baller

This year's proofreaders don't compare to years past. For what it's worth, Lisa's company, EdITS, does require quality proofreading. Little things do get noticed.

Of course, never text and drive - the big picture matters more.

I bag on stressing over .001 fin adjustment. Silly hypocritical me. All in fun guys.

Eric