Steve Tyler

Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Our Sport has lost another great skier and supporter.

Sat we received news that Mr. Steve Tyler of Texas died from injury's and drowned due to a fall while working on a boat lift.

Steve has been Nautiques south Central Promo Coordinator for many many years. I worked with Steve on and off for over 20 years with the Nautique ski boats and he will be greatly missed within our Correct Craft Family.

All of our prayers go out to the Tyler Family.

• Baller

So tragic to see that we are losing people due to freak accidents. John Worden being the person previous.

As I'm now a Sr. Citizen, I'm paying special attention to avoid falls. There is a supposed statistic that Sr. Citizens

have about a 1 in 3 chance every year of having a fall. And, that's just regular people, not those of us who

are doing dangerous sports. So, everyone, watch it around stairs, ladders, etc.

• Baller

I did not personally know Steve but I know his daughter Camille. I know that she and those that knew him always talked about what a great guy he was and all that he did for collegiate skiing. His presence will sure be missed in the skiing community.

Details regarding the services posted by Camille:

There will be a Vigil Mass at Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church on Wednesday at 7pm, visitation starts at 5pm. The funeral will be held Thursday at 10am at the Trinity Middle School Auditorium, followed by cemetery stuff and then food and stuff at our house in town.

• Baller

Steve Tyler is an institution of collegiate skiing. Whether you were a skier, a coach, a team, judge... really, anything that ultimately translated into having a bunch (really, a bunch) of young people skiing on water and love the sport he loved... he was there to help, to contribute, and to use the right amount of jokes.

Several times he pushed me not only to be a better skier and coach, but a better person, helping me to look at things from the perspective he knew I would not take. He challenged me. This is all I can really say.

Thank you for everything Steve

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
I echo being careful as you get older. I was putting the cover on the boat today as we have weather coming in and before you know it I'm half hanging from the crossbeam and half in the water. I'm ok but banged up my ankle and lower back, could have been alot worse.

• Baller

My condolences and prayers to the Tyler Family.

@dbski I did the same thing a couple years ago. Happened so fast I didn't know what hit me. One second I'm standing on the lift frame beside the boat putting on the cover and the next I am in the water under the boat! Luckily no injuries. I put a lot of nonslip on the frame after that one.

I met Steve back in the early 90's through NCWSA and skied with/against Rick and Elyse at SCR tournaments. I reconnected with Steve and got back into course skiing a little over 10 years ago. He had a passion for the sport (3 event) and was a great coach for so many SCR collegiate skiers. Over the past few years we struggled to maintain a course on public water but still managed to get out when we could. I enjoyed meeting him at the river for a "lunch" set then going back to the office straight from the course. Steve also had a way of telling it like it is and coached the same way. I laughed as he coached my son and got away with saying things I couldn't. Steve could also "fix"/ rig just about anything on a boat, ski or course. He tuned many a prop with primitive tools. He was a good friend to me and my family and I will miss him. God's peace to his family.