Why I stopped barefooting a while back.....

Wish

• Baller

16 years ago took a bare-footing driller...resulted in my first neck surgery. Prior to that in foot-stock endurance tourney took a fall over big rollers that my competitor fell on as well. Figured we were both doing down...held on for what I was worth and broke the rope in the fall...I still had the handle. Thankfully won the round and didn't have to re-ride cuz I was a wreck though would have gone after it.

Have not fallen hard in many years...back bare-footing falls trying to learn were the worst. Almost never fall footing now....but I don't try new stuff and only do things I can pull off no problem. Like @razorskier1...did not foot this year which is a first since I was 12 y.o. Has been less and less over the years...but I'll be back. Next year plan to bring it all back...slalom, trick, jump if I can find one in the water, barefoot. After missing this season I really realized how much I miss towed fun on the water in any form (well, except wake-boarding...blah).

• Baller
@wish...probably not surprising but we used to tube on a tractor tire inner tube strapped to a line with a ski handle in the appropriate location with my dad pulling us in a padded barefoot suit, sweatpants and tennis shoes. The radar gun on a whip would have exploded. It was absolutely nut-so.