Asher's Ski at the US Open

Horton

• Administrators

At the California Pro AM Asher's ski was did not have any graphic on the bottom so I could not tell what it was. Today at the US Open you could pretty clearly see that it was a V-Type. I have to say the ski looked awesome. I really like the way the ski flowed out of his off side turn.

Aaaaa darn now there is another ski I can hardly wait to try.

• Administrators

@"Steven Haines"‌

there are three guys who in my mind can get to the record besides Nate.

CP, Asher and Freddie. Freddie is the one whose talent and potential is yet unrecognized. Trust me unless something happens he will crush a lot of 41s.

• Baller

This is the ski with "tip weight" adjustability right? Pretty sure I spotted some on the front of his ski in the interview..

"Stability Tuning is something we’ve been playing with for a long time and we're finally ready to put it into production on this V-Type water ski. Working with Chris and Bob LaPoint has been awesome as they’ve been around through the years of wood construction to fiberglass to now carbon construction. The move from Fiberglass to Carbon was a big transition as the a carbon water ski is so reactive and snaps back so much quicker making the ski faster off the buoy. Everyone agreed, “This is the future, we need to make skis out of this stuff.” But the downside with carbon is that it reacts too quickly in the front of the ski. It provides too much chatter and noise (or feedback) to the skier, so the ski can actually feel a bit too unstable. We’re now introducing a stainless steel tip weight that sits on a damper pad, and screws right into the nose, or shovel, of the ski. The V-TYPE is the lightest ski we’ve ever made; around 3 lbs. We've found that adding the tip weight to the nose of the ski slows down the oscillation of the tip, or the frequency of the ski, so the ski feels quiet like the chatter isn’t even there. The dampening counter provides an all feel and stability. The weight isn’t real heavy, it’s about 5 ounces, just enough to reduce smaller vibrations. We’ve added a few inserts so you can move it to fine-tune the ski just like you can with your wing."