Midwest Alumni Regionals 2015

JeffSurdej

• Baller
Hmm. If enough were going could be fun. Sent email out to some of the skiers I skied with...I would have to break out my impressive ride over skills and two ski tricks for points to go with cranking out a decent slalom score with any luck.

• Baller

@razorross3 we could load up and probably do ok if a core nucleus goes "all in". Do you have some mass email connections to judge overall team interest? This sounds like fun.

Some other teams looking good, I recognize a number of skiers who are very good on a number of teams. Many names I don't know may be solid as well given my, um, age.

@waterskispreads how many day event are you looking at for deciding/planning purposes for us working stiffs?

Nearest commercial airports listed are O'hare and Midway. For general aviation/charter Greater Kankakee is not far and would be my target. Looks like a very nice airport.

Anyone know how many skiers each team will be limited to? Assuming this keeps growing like it has in the last week, there's no way they'd fit the normal 5 guys/5 girls per team from two conferences all into a two day event.

• Baller

Not a chance. Two lake sites handle about 260 for 2 days, single lake about half of that but that's with a lot of skiers who don't get up/don't run a pass or similarly go down early in other events.

I would assume the alumni tournament would be largely made of the skiers who scored reasonably well.

• Baller
I think @6balls is referring to @Razorskier1‌ who has a Bachelors and Masters degree in finance I believe from the university of Iowa however the team wax founded here after he had long since graduated. So he is an alumni of the school but not the team so devoid younger brother (@6balls) was among the earliest members after we were founded in 1990.

• Baller
To answer the questions. We think we can fit about 600 pulls or 25 full teams in 2 days on 2 lakes, so that being said we are not sure where we will be but we hope to take more than 5 per team. If you graduated from a midwest school but did not ski we are leaving that door open right now, if we are not at full capacity then we will start taking those skiers as well. So far this event is turning out huge, looking forward to it.

• Baller

My name's in the hat, if not enough skiers that were on the team it sounds like @razorskier1 is "in" and @razorross3 clearly qualifies. Mitch...you are in charge of getting us the necessary women (other than Maddie who is a no-brainer and signed up) that can get some 3-event points.