no more 65" Superlite X...CX...TX

Bill22

• Baller

If you are lightweight at 34 mph there is no real reason to go with a 34 mph ski. The TX is wider to support better at slower speeds but lightweight skiers don't really need that. My son skied on an A2 when he was a 34 mph skier and it worked great for him.

Both of those skis are less money than the top end carbon skis. Maybe HO didn't sell enough of them to justify having them in the lineup in that size.

• Baller

I agree if the 65s aren't selling I don't expect HO to keep making them. You are correct they have a lot of skis to choose from.

The standard 65" CX would take me as far as my current skiing ability's can go. I don't need a new ski but, I thought it was interesting that the superlite 65 was dropped from 2015 lineup.

• Baller

It is great HO is spending so much time, research, testing and marketing to the cross-over skiers. I think the Superlite TX is going to winner for many weekend warrior / hit the course once in a while kind of guy.

Most of us cross-over skiers don't need more carbon (lighter/stiffer) but we still want to have the best ski for the level we are at.

• Baller
Thanks for the interest! The 65" Superlite CX and TX were left out of the line starting in 2014. As you've already surmised, we were just not selling enough in that size (maybe 50?) to justify keeping in the line. I've actually suggested to Dave that we consider bringing it back to the line, maybe even for women... It can be tricky positioning it in the line at that pricepoint though; we'll have to see..

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations