favorite event or if you could hold an event

skier2788

• Baller
There has been a couple of threads lately that have made me wonder if you could host an event what would it be? Pick your speed, wooden ski only, or triathlon style. I am curious as to what ballers would like or what events they love to go to each year.

• Baller

@thager I would have agreed until I skied behind a 76 mastercraft this summer couldn't run a pass being hand driven. Ha!

@nzwaterski‌ I think reverse slalom would be fun. I ran a 21 mph pass after nate smith did it at 15. I couldn't go 15.

• Baller

I would like to have a Ski Flying event, but done right this time. Proper site, and with the

training and skiing rounds taking up a full week. Not sure about 45mph, though.

Beyond that, I'd like to see an Olde Tyme event. 2-ski slalom. 2-ski tricks (one pass).

Probably appropriate for the Hall of Fame weekend.

Then, there is left-hand slalom, where #1 is on the other side. Chet Raley has such a course.

• Baller_
How about an F sanctioned, ability level organized slalom, catering to first time competitors, with a cheap entry fee and a tee shirt? Or how about a handicapped cash prize jumping tournament in a downtown location in a northeastern community other than Lake Placid? Oh wait... those are the tournaments my group is planning this year!

Lpskier

• Baller_
@Kelvin If I'm lucky, I won't have a lot of room for the regular skiers, and even if I do, I am going to play around with formats. The idea of this tournament is to have fun, experiment and see what works and see what gets new skiers interested. I'm not thinking that I want to run this event as anything that really looks like a class C. But we'll see...

Lpskier

• Baller
Overall "Lake Rat" tournament. It would involve all forms of skiing/boarding along with a fishing derby (between sets), paddleboard racing, cornhole, etc with drunken water olympics (for 21 and over unless we did it in Canada) to end the day.

• Baller

Timberlake ski club has done a fun team event. Three skiers per team with handicap. Highest combined ball count advances to finals. I love the idea of having any event with a handicap. Everyone is skiing against their average.

I hope they do this again soon. I was on vacation the last 2 times they ran this.