Less torsional rigidity

JAS

• Baller

In a recent post by @JoelHowley‌ he mentioned the 2015 GT was going to have reduced torsional rigidity much like what my impression of what Mapple has done with New T series. Possibly things to come with new ski designs from all companies?

"The tail modification does tend to make turning a larger ski an easier process however we have made the front torsionally softer than the Prophecy as this allows the front of the ski to unwind when/if you happen to overturn so I would suggest sticking with exactly the same length.

• Baller

Can't anyone else imagine that a softer torsional flex was the main feature that made Goode Skis so ahead of the game for a while? (not on purpose though - due to the thin structure)

@JAS: of course I believe that all companies will go that way

• Baller

@MrJones: your conclusion is correct, but that's not the point here.

Some years ago Goode went the other way and featured torsional stiffer fibres - and I think this model was probably one of the least popular Goode skis...

• Administrators
pretty much everybody in the industry has been messing with torsional flex for the last number of years. It's not just a matter of going softer or stiffer. it's a matter of getting it right and in relationship to longitudinal flex & rocker

• Administrators
the pendulum seems to be swinging that way. You have to remember that flex and or torsional flex is just one ingredient that have to live in harmony with the other design elements