Offseason arm workout

DmaxJC_ski

• Baller
I'm looking for a good arm workout for the off season. I'm planning to hit a school over our dreaded Canadian winter. I am tired of going out for the first few sets of the year and fighting the soreness on the inside of the arms. (Not being able to straighten, feels like a rope from wrist to upper bicep, inner elbowish) I would like to be fully prepared for it to maximize my ski time. Thanks!

• Baller
Lots of rowing on Concept rower. The other exercise is to hook an old handle section to something about 4 or 5 foot high, lean away with feet behind one another like the slalom stance and pulll yourself up until you can't. Switch directions to mimick onside and offside leans and repeat.

• Baller
No matter what you will "feel it" after your first set of the season. BUT - it can be minimized. I have done the pullups/pushups routine the last number of years and IT works. Dips will also help as that taxes your triceps and lats. Those who have a PT degree can expound on it in more detail (@cragginshred)

I used to think it didn't exist either but this year I had no soreness after my first sets of the season. I chalk it up to heavy cleans and snatches for multiples and kipping pull ups. The receiving of the weight is just like loading up behind the boat. You get the exact same stretch and soreness in your traps and biceps. This is a very technical movement so you will need some coaching. Find an Olympic lifting gym or a crossfit box. Mix in some kipping pull ups and you will be golden. http://instagram.com/p/uKKxJLML0l/?modal=true This guy is a beast you don't need to do this at 300lbs for it to be effective. This is just an example of the movement.

• Baller
I find that offseason is rest and recovery season for me now. When I was a few years younger I'd do heavy dumbbell curls (hammers, rotating, etc) and that worked great for me. Now at 51 I find that the winter is a good time to let the arms rest and recover. Lift light and right and get ready for the new season.

• Baller
I'm picking up and moving around some really heavy stuff at the gym. It may not help, but it's fun. 45's, 10's and 2.5's on each side of an EZ curl bar for 4 sets of curls...then as set of heavy preachers...then a set of heavy hammer dumb-bells and maybe a burn out set on the cables. 10 minutes to bigger biceps :)

• Baller
Justy two cents but what about not skiing with bent arms? I used to get really bad elbows and arm pain in the early season and it was because I skief with bent arms. Last spring I hit bennetts over spring break, 18 sets of slalom in 5 days and while my traps were getting me and my back was sore there was little to no arm pain. That said I'm a 21 year old dumbass who likes the gym a little too much in the off season so maybe I don't fit the stereotypical skier.

• Baller
@RazorRoss3‌ your spot on with the not skiing with bent arms, just one of the bad habits I'm trying to shake, I know that a proper "stack" can take a lot of the unnecessary load off your body. I usually feel pretty good as a whole, just suffer from unforgiving arms for the first few sets, and they usually take a week to loosen up after