Bob LaPoint talks V-TYPE

Horton

• Administrators

We sat down with Ski Legend and HO Skis Master Shaper Bob LaPoint at Jack Travers Ski School outside Orlando, FL and asked him all about the background of his latest Syndicate creation, the V-TYPE slalom ski

• Baller

@MattP Thanks, but still a promo video, lots of shots cut, Will Asher is going to make any ski look good, now show me a video of Matt Brown running two or three passes and I would take a lot more interest, marketing videos are made to look good, they do not want the video to be dull, I understand that.

Perhaps after purchasing many skis, my approach is different to other people, I tend to ignore Marketing, their job is to sell the product, not the case here, but there are people, that are sponsored and featured in marketing by a manufacturer, they ski on a ski that looks the part, but actually they ski on another manufacturers ski, ethically I consider that incorrect.

Video wise I would like to see something along these lines.

• Baller

@MattP, I would just like to add, I am not having a pop at HO, I like the HO product, I just wish their approach to marketing would change, it's the same old thing time and time again, how about a video of two or three skiers having a session on the new ski, with the likes of Will Asher, or another sponsored skier, other manufacturers could also do with changing their approach,

I am not an expert in Marketing, but I am a prospective customer.

• Baller

Will's 2nd place at the US Open after only having the new ski for less than a week is a pretty good way to introduce a new ski. Dave Wingerter skied to the podium in his division at Nationals as well...

Keep in mind, we've only finished 2 of the 5 sizes so far. Have no fear, there will be plenty "non-marketing" noise out there once the ski is fully in the market.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
@savaiusini thanks, not the best video, but gives a much better look at what the ski does, or doesn;t do, specifically it stays down in the turn, fairly symetrical, maintains a nice speed, looks really stable and smooth through the pass, for me the video does a lot more for me than the Marketing version.