Newbie needs help picking a stick please

ToddFather

• Baller

Hello to all of you! Name is Todd, I'm 48 yrs young..Weight is 185-190, 5'9''...got up on one ski when I was around 14 if I can remember lol. Now I just started back on one ski a little bit behind my brother in laws boat 2 yrs ago, and just last year we went to a lake that had a slalom course. None of us ever tried a course, so being me, I tried it first..all I can say is now I am totally addicted!

So far I have only been able to make it thru the inside beginners balls. I really love the sport! very challenging and so fun! So much, I went and got my own boat and plan on doing this till I die!!

Anyhow, can I ask what kind of ski all of you started your journey on? or recommend a good ski to start with? I don't want to buy too much of of a ski..I'm looking for a forgiving ski that will help me learn slalom..based on my stats above..I ski around 28mph right now..(Maybe I should be going slower to start with..I am not sure?) Just looking for one that will help me with my not so great technique, and maybe grow into..So please, can i hear all of your recommendations or comments?! OR point me to a previous discussion that goes over this?

Thanks so much!

I just got back into slalom skiing this year at 45 yrs old. I found an Obrien Synchro blem with XL targa boots for $200 new on ebay. There are more out there, just google Obrien Synchro blem and they'll show up. Only problem is if you need smaller bindings. All I've found have been those with XL's. It's fairly wide and stable and I'm pretty sure it will be as much ski as I will need for a decent number of years. From what I've heard, there is someone who has ski'd one on tour but I can't confirm that its true or who it is. Just a thought from someone who seems to be close to being in your shoes. I'm attempting the course this coming summer. Good luck finding a stick!

• Baller

Nice to meet you all! Thanks for your suggestions and comments..The P6 looks like a good choice for me, and the price I can't argue with either! Do you think the 67" would be the good pick for my weight and size/boat speed? Weight is 185-190, 5'9'' speed =28-30mph..

I see a lot of 67" for sale..not to much in the way of 69"

• Baller
@ToddFather‌ - WooHoo!!!! Welcome to the site, our sport, and our passion! The P6 is a wonderful ski. All the thoroughbred ski-making design elements packaged into a stable ride. You are going to find it will allow you to push yourself easily while building confidence. Merry Christmas and Happy SkiHolidays!