Second Annual In His Wakes Head To Head

EricKelley

• Baller

Ballers,

We have planned the date for the second annual In His Wakes Head to Head. It will fall on the tails of the Southern Regionals at Twin Oaks Lakes in Paducah Kentucky. The first tournament was a big success and the 2015 will be bigger and better. The 34 mph division was won by Regina Jaquess who edged out foe Chad Scott by getting around 4 ball at 39.5 after skiing in the 6 th. round of the day. The 36 division was won by Dane Mechler who edged out Tyler Scott.

This year we are tentatively planning a head to head for the Juniors as well.

Schedule:

Friday: Practice 34, 36 After dark anyone may practice at night under lights(last year we pulled skiers til 1am)

Saturday: Head to Head qualifying rounds 34 and 36

Banquet

34 finals at night

Sunday: 36 Head to Head

Class C

Over $7000 in prize money will be awarded. You are encouraged to come participate and fellowship with us in this tournament no matter at what level you ski. The only requirement is that you have fun.

There was some question on the date of the Southern Regionals for 2015. I will post the firm date when I can confirm it.

Thanks to the Kentucky Lake Ski Nuts and all the hard working Kentucky Skiers for helping Bob Harris and I host this event.

• Baller

@Eric Kelley and just got off the phone and we collectively put our minds to,the task and recalled that the 2014 36 mph winner was Tyler Scott. Dane Mechler tied Tyler, but by virtue of going out second Tyler took the win.

Dates for the Southern Regionals are July 22-25, with the "In His Wakes" head to head on the 25th and 26th, Saturday and Sunday as mentioned in the previous post. Eric is on the road and was unable to make a timely edit to the initial post and he asked me to add this post.

• Baller
The tournament was a lot of fun! I learned that talking trash to April would not effect the outcome of my head to head with her! However it did get a response from Chis....."Way to go....you could have at least made her work"....I thought I did...she had 2 extra deep water starts!

• Baller
Looks like we have another tough young girl coming along with her dad. Brooke and Mike Baldwin are coming. Going to be another family grudge match. I hope Mike gets a lot of sets in. Brooke's style is amazing now. She is technically one of the best slalomers in the world. Dad is a tough competitor who is difficult to beat in the head to head format. By the way if Brooke beats you, expect her to rub it in.