Bimini top suggestions

pgmoore

• Baller

We have a 1997 MB Sports Boss 190 for which I'd like to order a bimini top over the winter. Any suggestions as to the best place to order from or best style/model to get? Bonus points if it ships from Canada (although not a requirement).

Thanks!

• Baller
I have 99 Malibu Response LX. I bought a used Bimini off of ski-it-again that was for a 2013 prostar 197. The guy put a tower on it so be couldn't use the the original Bimini anymore. When I started looking at the cost vs quality on new tops it seemed like a good way to go. I paid $300 for the top. $119 to have it shipped by truck. I had to buy 4 clip in mounts for the stays $125. The quality of the tops I saw at that price range just looked cheap to me. This has no straps, stays are metal. All hardware is stainless steel. It also came with a ststorage cover.

• Baller

g6co74mpte0c.jpg

I have had Tower Bimini tops on my last 6 200's and highly recommend them. They offer aluminum frames and stainless. The stainless costs a little more and is also a little heavier (ugh, don't like weight), but very sturdy. They will make with straps or rods, and quick releases, which I also prefer. They even have a few of my 200's on their website:) The attached photo shows their tops on promo's I had in 2014 and 2013.

• Baller
The tops come with clips to stow the arms against the main arms. These tops only fold forward. They make 2 heights, one that is low that is for closed bows and a higher one for open bows. Most Nautique owners here in Florida pick the lower one. See my pic. I also get the stainless and have the stanchion arms made solid and 14" long. This is my 7th top.