Water breaking too far back on ski

lathompson

• Baller
My wife and I both use a 65.25 Goode 9900 Midride 34mph LFF with double powershells. Our height and weight are both within the recommended range for that ski. It works great for me at 34mph, but it's holding her back from progressing past 30mph (she runs the course with both gates). Coaching feedback is that she does not have enough ski in the water - breaking in the middle of the back foot. We moved the boots forward a half inch at the beginning of last season and that helped her a little. She focused on form and putting more weight on her front foot all last season, but it's not enough. Guess I could move the current boots forward some more (good excuse to buy myself a new ski). Or I need to get her a different ski that will work better for her, but not sure what to buy. Also we can't transfer our boots to the blank demo skis our neighbors have offered us because the powershells are attached with interlock. Looking for suggestions on the right ski and length that would help her get to 32mph (W5) and shorten the rope. She agreed for me to post her weight.... 5'8' 155lbs. Appreciate any suggestions.

• Baller
i know this will seem very counter intuitive but try the bindings back from where she was instead of forward. when you move the bindings forward you create a sense of not enough support from the front of the ski so you shift your weight back to feel safe. when you move them *back* theres more front to feel much more supportive and its less uncomfortable to shift your weight forward.

• Administrators
@lathompson if a ski is set up close to stock settings and the water is breaking too far back it is the skier not the ski. Moving bindings a 1/2 inch is HUGE. I do not know if this is the right ski for your wife or not but bindings forward is not what I would recommend.