Dear Ballers, From Krista

The_Krista

• Baller

Hi Ballers, USA-WS members, non-members and everything else in between,  

Just to give you full disclosure-I have sent a versions of what I am about to say to a handful of the presidents, EVPs, directors, etc., as well. I want to reiterate that my role in the organization and the sport is evolving but not disappearing. 

With that being said thank you to everyone who has supported USA-WS, our new endeavors this past year and embracing the life on the water theme. I'm sure by now, you've received notice of my departure from the official USA-WS headquarter's staff. But I wanted to assure you that my heart and passion remain in the same place regardless of whether or not I am receiving a USA-WS paycheck. 

This decision was a tough one as I feel like my duties here are not done--but (thankfully) I know you can make just as much of an impact as a volunteer, member of a task force, the board, an official, etc., and I fully intend to participate at these levels for the rest of my life. 

This new job gives me a lot of flexibility as far as schedule and location go (which is great for my lifestyle, skiing and future little family with the impending wedding) and allows for my eventual relocation to California.

I was hoping to remain close to the Nationals Task Force in some capacity because that particular project is near and dear to my heart. And with my new job, I will also have a little more free-time than I currently do to focus on projects that matter most to me. 

I feel guilty leaving my role, but am working closely with Bob C. and staff through the next few weeks and even after my official last day to help with transition, sponsors, duties, questions, etc. Like I continue to tell Bob C. "you're not getting rid of me just yet."

If there is anything I can do at this time or in the future, please let me know. I want you to know I am here as a resource and want to give back with perspectives as an athlete, multiple national champion, a person in that "high-chance of not renewing their membership age-range" and as someone who has been a senior judge, regular driver, regular scorer, USA Jr team member, daughter/supporter of a national's chief driver, an employee of a handful of our vendors, a employee of USA-WS, an employee of the Pro ski tour, an official at The Masters, from a family and a group of friends of water skiers who qualify and don't compete at nationals, and lover of life on the water since before I could walk.

Thank you again for your time and hopefully understanding. As always, you all should know how to find me if you have any questions or concerns.

And I want to leave this with a fair warning…my opinions are mine and mine alone, not a reflection of the organization or anyone else. I don’t claim to have the answers or to be right but I can promise you my heart is in this for the right reasons. I am always open for a healthy, logical discussion supported by facts, stats and intelligence. I am open to constructive criticism and challenge of my beliefs. As I was reminded this weekend…this sport has a lot of “chiefs” and a lot of strong personalities. That means we can really get something done and kick some ass, right? (Can I say ass now?) 

Thanks again and for letting me get my message out there.

Best, 

Krista

• Baller
I think I just solved this entire more participants / more ski rides per person / Nationals format crisis..... If you have not qualified for regular Nationals, you can try to qualify at night under the lights in a nationals "LCQ" on the plank ski by challenging someone who has already qualified in a head to head, if you beat them, you can ski the next day at nationals as well..... One ski fits all. Two birds with one stone. Must wear a go pro and chug a beer when you're done (over 21 of course.)