Binding switch ?

skinonstop

• Baller
I have been on T-Factors since they came out in 2011. They have always released when they should, but was considering switching to the Vapor bindings. Any thoughts on the switch, any issues with releasing? Does the sizing on the Vapors run true or should you size up?

• Baller

I am not on Vapors but on Stradas and I have never had any issues with them releasing. The key is that you can't pull the top lace too tight. That is also the downside to the binding that the release is governed by how tight you pull the top lace which is stretchy. You can pull it so tight it takes all the stretch out of it which will make it so the binding doesn't release.

I think the move from T-Factors to Vapors will be pretty easy.

I can't comment on sizing as I am on a couple of generations old Strada.

• Baller

What @Chef23‌ said... the key is not pulling the top lace too tight. That part is really important.

Run the bottom lace as tight as you want = no problem. Pull the top lace too tight and you might break your ankle. Which is what I did.

Follow that simple rule and you'll love the Vapor bindings.

That being said, Vapor bindings attached to an OB4 plate is probably an even safer option. More expensive, for sure, but worth it when you consider the major buzz kill of a lost season.